The UK’s largest ski holiday company has announced more initiatives to reassure any skiers prepared to book a ski holiday this winter that their money is safe in all scenarios.
Every Crystal Ski customer will get now get free COVID-19 Cover to be used alongside usual travel insurance as part of their booking. The new covers covers the cost of COVID-19 testing abroad if needed, repatriation if medically required as well as any self-isolation costs associated with an extended stay and a new return flight home if customers are asked to self-isolate while on holiday.
The cover will be included for all customers travelling on any Crystal Ski holidays between 12th December 2020 and 18th April 2021 and applies to all new and existing bookings.
“We understand that people may feel apprehensive about travelling in these uncertain times and we want to give our customers as much peace of mind as possible. We are still some weeks away from the start of the season and we are currently preparing to operate as planned. But if restrictions impact our programme, or customers feel they would rather amend their travel dates, our holiday promise gives flexible options and additional protection,” said Chris Logan, MD of Crystal Ski Holidays.
The new cover is part of the company’s wider ‘Crystal Holiday Promise’ which is intended to make it as easy as possible for customers to travel with peace of mind this ski season by offering:
- Free amends: Customers can make free amends on holidays to any destination up to 28 days before departure. And anyone diagnosed, with symptoms or asked to self-isolate can also amend for free as can customers impacted by local UK lockdowns.
- Cash refunds: If a holiday has to be cancelled for reasons related to COVID-19, customers will be contacted and will receive a full cash refund for the amount you paid. Or they can amend for free to another holiday if that’s what they would prefer. And if there are overseas local restrictions that impact your ability to get on the mountain – like the ski area is closed due to COVID-19 – then we’ll contact you to amend or you can cancel your holiday for free.
- Quarantine free: Crystal won’t operate holidays to resorts where it’s known customers will need to self-isolate or quarantine when they get there or when they get back home. If a destination is added to the quarantine list before travel people can amend or cancel your holiday for free.
- Following FCDO advice: If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) advice changes before travel or during a customer’s holiday, they will be contacted to discuss the next steps. If a destination goes on the ‘all but essential travel’ list, customers can amend or cancel for free.
- Keeping customers informed: Customers will be contacted before departure with updates on the latest regulations in place in their resorts. And whilst away can access 24/7 support with the Crystal team on standby on the end of the phone.
And with less than eight weeks before taking its first customers away, the UK’s largest ski operator is getting ready to ensure skiers can experience safe and enjoyable holidays.
“When skiers do get on to the slopes, they have the reassurance of being ‘covid covered’ and the new health and safety measures in place won’t be anything we aren’t already doing daily at home. Think face masks, contactless transactions and social distancing,” Chris Logan added, concluding, “Mountain resorts across Europe have been open through summer and skiers have already been enjoying time on the glaciers. They are well prepared to welcome guests for the season and we now have a good picture of what holiday makers can expect. There may be a lot less après ski, but the fundamentals that make a ski holiday such a memorable experience – the snow, the fresh air, the exhilaration of the descent down the mountain – will remain the same.”