Just weeks after putting ski flights on sale for Winter 21/22, Jet2.com has announced it is adding extra flights to its ski programme in response, the airline says, “to very strong demand.”
“After a winter away from Europe’s ski resorts, Jet2.com is seeing high demand for its ski flights for Winter 21/22 from skiers and snowboarders looking to hit the best and most popular slopes in the French, Swiss and Austrian Alps,” a company statement reads.
In response the airline has added more flights from Birmingham, Manchester and London Stansted Airports to destinations including Grenoble, Geneva, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Chambery for the February half-term, as well as extending the period they are running flights to later in the season to some of these destinations. In addition skiers in the South West will benefit from an earlier start to the ski season to Chambery from the company’s new base, Bristol Airport, now starting on 14th December
The additional ski flights on sale from today by base are as follows:
- Birmingham – additional February half-term flights to Grenoble, Geneva and Salzburg thanks to extra services to each destination. Earlier start to the ski season to Geneva and Innsbruck with the addition of an extra service to these two popular ski destinations in December.
- Manchester – six further flights to Grenoble for February half-term, extra Sunday service to Innsbruck from 27th March to 10th April and extended seasons to Chambery (extra service in December) and Geneva (extra service in December).
- London Stansted – extra services to Grenoble and Geneva in February half-term, as well as three extra half-term services to Salzburg. On top of that there are extra services to Geneva in December.
Jet2.com now operate into Chambery, Geneva, Grenoble, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Turin and Barcelona (for the Pyrenees) with flights from Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, East Midlands, Edinburgh Leeds Bradford, London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle …although not every ski airport has a flight from every UK airport (route list below)
Jet2.com allows up to 10kg of hand luggage included in the ticket price with up to 22kg hold baggage and 22kg ski carriage for an additional fee.
“With many missing out on a trip to Europe’s best ski resorts last year, we expected that the return of our ski programme would be a huge hit with snow sports enthusiasts looking to secure their place on the slopes and we have no doubt these new flights will be just as popular,” said Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays.
Jet2.com Ski destinations from UK airports for Winter 21/22:
- Belfast International – Salzburg
- Birmingham – Chambery, Geneva, Grenoble, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Turin and Barcelona
- Bristol – Chambery, Grenoble, Innsbruck and Salzburg
- East Midlands – Geneva and Salzburg
- Edinburgh – Geneva, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Turin
- Glasgow – Geneva
- Leeds Bradford – Chambery, Geneva, Salzburg and Barcelona.
- London Stansted – Chambery, Geneva, Grenoble, Innsbruck and Salzburg
- Manchester – Chambery, Geneva, Grenoble, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Turin and Barcelona.
- Newcastle – Geneva, Grenoble and Salzburg