COROS VERTIX 2 GPS Adventure Watch
For adventurers who go to the extreme
- All-satellite dual-frequency GNSS support
- 60 days of regular use/140 hours of full GPS
- 1.4″ sapphire touchscreen and titanium bezel
- Wide range of activity modes and third-party integrations
- Free global offline maps for on-wrist navigation
- Full training plan and workout support
For COROS it’s all about outdoors, mountains, and a passionate active lifestyle. They combine high-grade hardware with innovative technology to provide endurance athletes with the gear they rely on in the world’s most extreme environments. Advanced technology with an efficient and intuitive user experience is at our core – when you use a COROS product, you know you are getting a tool that has been designed, tested and perfected for the athlete, by the athlete.
This really is the ultimate in performance watch technology. The dual-frequency GNSS chipset enables VERTIX 2 to handle more complex environments like city streets, gorges and forests. The new chipset gives the VERTIX 2 significantly higher accuracy in complex environments where you have limited satellite visibility, or where there is interference from large walls or buildings.
- Standard GPS Only takes a GPS reading every second and is good for normal use when the conditions are good, i.e. normal outdoor activities in an open area. The VERTIX 2 battery can last for 140 hours in this mode, massively exceeding all other GPS watches on the market by a significant margin.
- All Systems On turns on all satellite systems simultaneously, including GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou, and QZSS. The previous generation watches can turn on 2-3 systems only. This mode increases the visible satellite count greatly, so the users can still get a solid signal when the sky view is limited. It takes slightly more energy so the battery life measured under this mode is 90 hours.
- All Systems + Dual FREQ On is the most powerful and accurate satellite mode. This enables the watch to communicate with the satellite systems in two concurrent frequencies and bring next-level accuracy even when in challenging conditions or environments. This mode demands a lot more battery than the other settings but the VERTIX 2 is able to handle 50 hours of continuous tracking in this setting – which covers the majority of COROS users’ recorded activities (i.e. up to 50hrs) which is better than most other GPS watches on the market. For activities longer than 50hrs, the user can switch to an alternative GPS configuration.
- Rock/Ice climbing on a large or vertical wall. El Capitan is the most iconic wall but you can also experiment at your local rock climbing centre or outdoor bouldering wall. You’ll find that the ‘wall reflection’ is significantly reduced allowing for impressively accurate GPS readings.
- Running/Hiking under a big cliff such as the Grand Canyon trails. From this test you’ll notice that the VERTIX 2 accurately plots your route as an overlay of the actual trail, giving you accurate pace, distance, and time data.
- Run/Hike/Cycling when the trail is heavily covered by trees. Due to it being difficult to see the trail on a satellite map, try going back out and seeing if the comparative GPS plots match the direction and lineation of the trail.
- Running/Cycling in large built-up cities surrounded by skyscrapers, such as London or New York where buildings can create a ‘wall reflection’. You should experience more accurate plotting from the VERTIX 2 than comparative GPS watches.
Global Offline Map Experience
The VERTIX 2 offers three layers for mapping: Landscape, Topo (Topographic), and Hybrid.
Users who want to follow a route can use the navigation feature which will overlay their .GPX route with the new map layers allowing for a more data-rich experience. COROS’ new super-responsive touchscreen allows you to drag with your fingertips making it easy to pan and move around the map. While the Digital Dial is the best method for zooming in and out, miles more convenient than a traditional button set-up.
The Largest Screen Ever on a COROS Watch
The all-new 1.4-inch touchscreen with 280 x 280 resolution (64 colours) allows for a far greater visual experience. Now you can view even more data, as well as maps and routes in full colour.
In addition, VERTIX 2 supports up to 8 data fields on one single page – during an activity.
Just as in previous models, the VERTIX 2 will come packed with industry-leading battery life, far exceeding the competition as well as outlasting every adventure you throw at it.
- Daily use – 60 days
- Standard Full GPS (every second plotting) – 140 hours
- Standard Full GPS with Music Playing – 35 hours
- All Systems On – 90 hours
- All Systems On with Music Playing – 30 hours
- All Systems + Dual Frequency On – 50 hours
- UltraMax GPS – 240 hours
Next Level Processing Power
Built from the ground up, the VERTIX 2 utilizes our next-generation chipset and processor, allowing for a totally new and seamless COROS experience. From our extensive testing, we estimate VERTIX 2 to be over 20% faster than VERTIX 1,
The improved touchscreen also allows you to perform certain actions with the tip of your finger, allowing for precise control when navigating, as well as accessing music and data fields.
An Electrocardiogram (ECG) is the most accurate way to monitor your heart rate and is also a reliable way to obtain Heart Rate Variability (HRV).
The VERTIX 2 is capable of assessing both ECG and HRV, as well as also Stress (both from training, and in daily life) which can help the user to enhance and optimize their training and recovery plan.
HRV index; the higher score the better.
- 81-100: Superior, relaxed;
- 51-80: High, under minor physical or mental pressure;
- 21-50: Medium, under medium physical or mental pressure;
- 1-20: Low, under significant physical or mental pressure;
Your daily HRV readings will be shown in the accompanying COROS app, you can compare daily changes in order to understand your condition better. You may compare the HRV reading from the VERTIX 2 to other HRV capable devices.
Insta360™ and GoPro Camera Control Remote
If you have a GoPro or Insta360™ camera (Insta360 One X2 and One R), you can now control your camera from your wrist. In addition, you can also place your camera somewhere else (i.e. on a tripod) allowing for more creative angles.
The VERTIX 2 offers the ability to store and playback music from its onboard storage.
Two Launch Colors: Obsidian, Lava.
Retail Price: £599.99
Watch bands available at launch: Coral, Grey, Yellow, Black, Green Navy
|The Low Down on the Spec
|Model||COROS VERTIX 2 GPS Adventure Watch|
|Display Size||1.4 inch|
|Display Resolution||280 x 280 (64 colors)|
|Display Type||Touch Screen Always-On Memory LCD|
|Screen Material||Sapphire Glass|
|Bezel Material||Grade 5 Titanium Alloy with PVD coating|
|Cover Material||Titanium Alloy with PVD coating|
|Watch Band||26mm Quick Fit Band|
|Physical Size||50.3 x 50.3 x 15.7mm|
|Weight with Silicone Band||89g|
|Battery Life||Standard Full GPS (every second)
(GPS/QZSS): 140 Hours
Daily Use: 60 Days
|Wireless Connection||Bluetooth® 5.0 Dual Mode, Wi-Fi®|
|Satellite Chipset||All-Satellite Dual-Frequency GNSS Chipset|
|Water Resistance||10 ATM|
|Working Temperature||-22°F to 122°F (-30℃ to 50℃)|
|Storage Temperature||-22°F to 140°F (-30℃ to 60℃)|
|Charging Time||Less than 2 hours|
|Music Support||Internal Storage and Bluetooth Streaming for Offline Content|
|Supported Workouts||Walk, Run, Indoor Run, Trail Run, Track Run, Hike, Mountain Climb, Bike, Indoor Bike, Pool Swim, Open Water, Triathlon, Gym Cardio, GPS Cardio, Ski, Snowboard, Cross-country Ski, Ski Touring, Multisport, Strength, Training, Speedsurfing, Windsurfing, Whitewater, Flatwater, Rowing, Indoor Rower,|
We regularly review the latest gear on our youtube channel see our 2022/23 Gear Playlist Here, or for the latest snow forecast and updates on where is best to ski now, as well as up to date gear reviews, you can check out our regular podcast here Apple | Spotify | Podcasts or search The White Out on your chosen podcast directory.