Bollé is cementing its place as a winter sports brand at the forefront of innovation with a new filter following the launch of its revolutionary Augmented Reality app.
In an increasingly digitised world, Bollé are finding increasingly inventive ways for skiers and snowboarders to try out their new winter sports products without ever having to touch them, due to the changing world we’re all finding ourselves in.
Following the launch earlier this year of a revolutionary app that allowed users to try out and experience the Phantom lens directly from a smartphone, Bollé have now introduced a new augmented reality filter to give users the opportunity to try out a wider variety of products. Whether you want to try out the brand’s famous Phantom lens in the popular Nevada or Ryft goggles, or whether you want to test a helmet without physically trying it on, this app will allow you to do so directly from your smartphone.
Partnering with QReal and M7 Innovations, Bollé’s AR experience is a first for the helmet and goggle industry. Within Instagram, the demonstration invites users to ‘try-on’ and ‘try-out’ Bollé’s most technical photochromic lens: Phantom, along with the RYFT helmet, new for the 2020/21 season.
In addition, customers can view interactive 3D models on the Bollé website, with highly detailed, interactive information points.
“We believe that experience is worth a thousand words, especially when talking about technology,” said Louis Cisti, Vice President Marketing at Bollé Brands. “Phantom is the best photochromic lens in the sports market, and we needed a tool to clearly showcase it, easily used by everybody.
“The Phantom AR experience we launched this past summer was a massive success, not just because of the innovation it delivered, but also because it was a timely response to address the sanitary constraints faced by our customers during COVID. We strive at keeping our clients safe on the slopes, and now we also keep them safe during the buying process.”
Not only can you see what the goggles and helmet would look like on your own face when using the selfie camera, you can also flip the camera to front-facing view and have the Phantom lenses superimposed on their actual view, as if you were looking through the goggle itself.
You can then introduce goggle effects like high contrast, anti-fog, and photochromatic into your real surroundings to see Phantom lenses in action. Users can then purchase the product directly from the newly launched e-commerce Bollé website, or search for a participating dealer.
Don’t just take it from us though! Bollé’s team athletes Alexis Pinturault (French World Cup alpine ski racer) and David Wise (US Freestyle Ski team member and two-time gold medalist) can be seen putting the app into action.
“For this winter version of our Phantom augmented reality experience, we have gone further in the realistic feel of the filter and in our communication,” explained Louis Cisti.
“Bollé has one of the strongest winter sports athlete teams in the world. This experience pairs the greatest champions with the best photochromic lens technology on the market. It is a strong statement. Our products are worn by the best, and with the filter, anybody can see like a champion”, he concludes.
User of the AR can experience first-hand what makes the Bollé Phantom a leading lens:
- Light Adaptive Technology: the user is presented with a slider that allows them to change their exposure, making the scene brighter or darker. They watch Phantom’s molecular photochromicfilter adapt to changes in ambient light.
- Anti-Fog Treatment: the user’s view surrounding the goggles begins to fog up, simulating the fogging that occurs from sweat while skiing. This is due to fog condensing on the inner lens surface but thanks to the anti-fog treatment the view remains crystal clear, mimicking the real-world performance of Phantom Lenses in real-world situations.
- Low Temperature Sensitivity: The Phantom lens with exclusive LTS Technology (Low Temperature Sensitivity) delivers improved activation, darkening or lightening whether the temperature is -25°C or 5°C.
Bollé’s full line-up of Phantom lenses will be available in the AR demo so consumers can select the lens that best works for them. The range includes:
- Phantom + which in addition to all the Phantom technology also includes a semi-polarized film that reduces distracting glare and enhances contrast to distinguish ice from snow.
- Phantom Green Emerald lens is ideal for bright light conditions.
- Phantom Fire Red lens amplifies colour contrast is ideal sunny days.
- Phantom Vermillion Blue is a versatile lens offering colour definition and depth perception.
Users will also be able to experience the RYFT helmet, the latest high-end helmet from Bollé with a revolutionary ventilation system and highest impact protection.