If or when we are able to get to the mountains, it’s inevitable that skiing will be a little different this season. In Gurgl you will be able to enjoy a huge range of skiing and non-skiing activities with the knowledge that the highest levels of safety and hygiene have been met. There’s no better place to enjoy a fantastic, relaxing winter getaway this year.
So what will look different? We’ve outlined the key measures to be aware of below, but for further detail and all the latest updates, please click here.
Ski Buses / Transport
- All passengers must wear a nose and mouth cover – also recommended at the bus stops.
- Surface disinfection and bus ventilation measures are carried out daily in the skibuses
- If possible, tickets should be reserved ONLINE in advance – tickets.vvt.at
- Masks will be mandatory at ski pass desks, lift stations and queues, during all lift rides and when using moving carpets.
- FFP2 Masks are now mandatory in gondolas.
- Gondolas or lift chairs can be occupied according to the available seats (e.g. 8 people in 8-person cabin, 6 people on 6-person chairlift).
- A reduction of the maximum number of people permitted in the mountain gondolas or chairlifts is currently not legally mandatory, but capacities can always be reduced if the number of passengers is correspondingly low.
- It is recommended to open the windows of the gondola cabins so that they are well ventilated during the lift ride.
Professional Ötztal ski schools will adhere to the with the following measures for snow sports lessons (also recommended by the Austrian Ski Teaching Association):
- Social distancing
- Mandatory mask wearing wherever minimum distance cannot be maintained
- Increased disinfection in indoor areas
- To prevent crowds at ski school offices, they recommend booking the lessons online in advance
- The ski schools are offering flexible cancellation conditions this year. More info here.
- Rental equipment is regularly disinfected and a disinfection protocol is kept.
- Plexiglas walls or other mechanical protective devices are installed at the fitting rooms and check-ins to allow distance to be maintained at all times.
- Regular disinfection measures in the customer areas.
- Guests are recommended to make an online booking or online reservation for rental material
- All restaurants ensure the recommended distance between tables is observed or appropriate separating devices (e.g. glass panels) are installed.
- A maximum of 6 people and their children (maximum 6) are allowed to sit at a table in closed rooms. Outside, a maximum of 12 people and their children (maximum 6) can sit on a table.
- Masks are mandatory when not at your table
- In the self-service buffet area all guest must wear a nose and mouth cover.
- Many restaurants also offer their menu/drinks menu digitally.
- Both indoors and outdoors, food may only be consumed while sitting.
Après-ski will look different this winter, but will still provide an enjoyable end to a day on the slopes! Drinks and food may only be consumed while sitting, both indoors and outdoors. Visitors must avoid standing closely together or dancing. Background music may be played. Each guest is registered via QR code or registration sheet for contact tracing.
For more information, head to oetztal.com/winter/covid-19-safety-measures
Featured Image © Ötztal Tourismus