Jet2.com is expanding its bumper Winter 21/22 ski programme by adding weekly services to Lyon from Manchester Airport.
Lyon provides access to many of the larger ski resorts in the French Alps including Tignes, Chamonix, Les Arcs, La Plagne, Les Deux Alpes and Alpe d’Huez, as well a number of smaller ski resorts for those looking to get away from the crowds.
The addition of Lyon means Jet2.com will operate ski flights to eight ski destination airports from 10 UK airports (though not to all eight ski airports from all 10 UK airports – see list below) this coming winter, with Chambery, Geneva, Grenoble, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Turin and Barcelona (Pyrenees) also available.
“The introduction of another ski route comes in response to strong demand for flights to the best slopes in Europe,” a statement from the airline reads.
Weekly flights to Lyon operate throughout winter from 20th December 2021 through to 16th April 2022, meaning skiers can jet away to the slopes during peak holiday times including Christmas and half-term.
Jet2’s Planned Ski destinations by base for Winter 21/22:
- Belfast International – Salzburg
- Birmingham – Chambery, Geneva, Grenoble, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Turin and Barcelona (Andorra)
- Bristol – Chambery, Grenoble, Innsbruck and Salzburg
- East Midlands – Geneva and Salzburg
- Edinburgh – Geneva, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Turin
- Glasgow – Geneva
- Leeds Bradford – Chambery, Geneva, Salzburg and Barcelona (Andorra)
- London Stansted – Chambery, Geneva, Grenoble, Innsbruck and Salzburg
- Manchester – Lyon, Chambery, Geneva, Grenoble, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Turin and Barcelona (Andorra)
- Newcastle – Geneva, Grenoble and Salzburg.