It’s been a busy summer in the 3 Valleys with many upgrades in resorts across the huge ski area. See below new exciting developments for Meribel for winter 2018/19.
Meribel is investing over €15 millions in the Roc de Fer area over the next two years.
This Winter, two new high speed 6 seater chairlifts start service
- The difficult to use Cherferie draglift is being replaced and the new lift will take skiers to the top in just 4 minutes. This will allow more people to access this part of the Meribel skia area, the delightful blue Choucas piste and Belleville Valley. Capacity is 2,824 people by hour.
- The Legends: a new premium chairlift in La Chaudanne will replace the Plan de l’Homme lift and Roc de Fer lifts and take skiers to the top in 4 minutes 40 seconds. Capacity is 3,600 people per hour. 6-places and thermally regulated premium seats with pull-down shield.
- For children especially during the school holidays, a series of free events on the slopes are planned with four entertainers organising a range of activities like treasure hunts, ice sculpting demo’s, coconut shy’s even a show with eagles.
- Meribel’s toboggan run – Mission Black Forest – will now open 7 days a week. It’s a chance for people to try out the 3.4 km run with 278 bends and a vertical drop of 470 m. Opening has been extended based on the success of the first full season where 6, 400 people tried it up from 2,279 in 2017. Prices are €12 for a single descent with discounts available when buying multiple runs.
- The Inuit and Elements Park fun zones are being expanded with different themes and race challenges aimed at families and beginners.