The resort of Baquiera Beret is planning to introduce a number of measures this winter season to guarantee the safety and enjoyment of winter sports fans.
Winter sports takes place predominantly outdoors, so is one of the safest sports you can enjoy in today’s environment. Nevertheless, Baquiera Beret has elaborated an extensive facilities management plan to avoid congestion, adapting its facilities to Covid-19 safety and disinfection protocols and training its teams in accordance with the recommendations of relevant authorities.
The aim is to minimise the possibility of infection by utilising protective measures, social distancing and minimum exposure time.
General rules at the resort
- Wearing a mask is compulsory.
- Keep a safe distance from others.
- Use hand sanitisers.
- Regular disinfection.
- Remember to be kind and respectful to others at all times.
- Pay by card whenever you can throughout the resort.
- Pin your BaqueiraPASS or BaqueiraTICKET on the left sleeve of your jacket for fast access to areas and lifts.
- Recharge your ski passes online or by using the BaqueiraPASS and BaqueiraTICKET apps.
Organisation and use of ski lifts
Most of the resort’s lifts are open-air; chairlifts, drag lifts or conveyor belt lifts, while in the cable car, the windows allow for air renewal.
Baqueira Beret will scale up the waiting area and organise queues so that customers can continue to social distance. The speed of the lifts will always be the maximum possible, according to weather conditions and the influx of people.
Wearing a mask will be obligatory when queueing for lifts and while using them when it is not possible to maintain a distance of 1.5 m between non-cohabiting individuals.
All ski lifts will be running at 100% capacity to avoid congestion at the base area. The Baqueira cable car, as an enclosed but ventilated space, will be the only one with a capacity limited to a maximum of 6 people per cabin. The use of face masks will be compulsory in queues and ski lift journeys. The daily cleaning of ski lift vehicles will be reinforced with disinfection and hygiene products.
Eating and Drinking
- To eat or drink inside cafes and restaurants, customers over 12 years old must present a UE COVID certificate (COVID passport).
- All bars, cafés, restaurants and terraces in the resort will combine the use of physical cards and QR codes.
- An online service for ordering and paying will be introduced to avoid queuing – eat in or take away.
- We recommend advanced booking for à la carte restaurants (Restaurant 5 Jotas, Restaurant Bonaigua, Moët Winter Lounge, Pla de Beret and Borda Lobató).
- Self Service and Free Flow will no longer be available. All orders and payments will be managed at the table using QR codes.
- Choice on the menu will be reduced in an effort to shorten waiting time and time spent in establishments.
The BaqueiraPASS and BaqueiraTICKET
For ultimate convenience and avoidance of congestion, the resort recommends the use of the BaqueiraPASS and the BaqueiraTICKET.
The BaqueiraPASS will be integrated into the Baqueira app. By logging in, users will have their own exclusive area in the app throughout the season, making it easy to top up without having to go through ticket offices, whilst also providing additional benefits.
Ski and snowboard guarantee for season tickets
For everyone who purchases an annual season pass, resort managers offer the COVID-19 Guarantee, which ensures 15 days of skiing this winter for holders of the general BaqueiraPASS season pass. If it is not possible to ski due to the pandemic, either at origin or at destination, or if a limited capacity is imposed at the resort, holders can request a refund of the unused days up to the 15 days guaranteed.
Further information on Covid-19 protocols can be found here: https://www.baqueira.es/actualidad/covid19/